Snow crab is one of the main species fished in Quebec. This well-known crustacean’s unique flesh—delicate strings of orange-pink on the outside and white on the inside—make it a very popular and lucrative species. Its fine, delicious flavor makes it a big hit with consumers.
Its savory taste is extremely appreciated by gourmets and culinary aficionados alike. This crustacean must be cooked delicately; count on Pêcherie Manicouagan to cook it to perfection.
Snow crab is fished from April to August in the deep waters of the Gulf of St. Lawrence and the St. Lawrence River, where the water is cold and salty.
Here are the packaging formats we offer.
- Leg sizes
- 4 ounces and + per section
- 5 to 8 ounces per section
- 8 to 10 ounces per section
- 10 ounces and + per section
- Fresh (in season)
- Sections in 10 lbs cases
- In 10 lbs and 30 lbs cases
- Frozen snow crab meat (vacuum-sealed packaging)
- In boxes of 40 x 180 g and 18 x 454 g
- Mixed meat, 100% legs and combo packages available
- Frozen crab claws
- 10 x 2 lbs per case
- Claw sizes
- Small: 36 units and more per lb
- Medium: 24 to 36 units and more per lb
- Large: 16 to 24 units and more per lb
- X-Large: 16 units and less per lb